1. Sukhdev Singh s/o Roor Singh applied for issuance of his Passport to the C.P.O. Jalandhar . The residence proof attached to the application has been found to be a Ration Card No. 7502, wherein he has shown to be a resident of Village Janian, P.O. Kang Khurd, Tehsil Shahkot, District Jalandhar. The Ration Card is signed by Inspector, Food & Civil Supplies, Lohian Khas, Jalandhar. It was attested by Lehember Singh, Member, Panchayat, Village Janian, who is still a resident of the village.
2. The said Ration Card has been found to be fake as per inquiry conducted by the District Food & Supply Officer, Jalandhar and confirmed by SSP (Rural) Jalandhar. The said Ration Card was attested by Notary Public S.R. Khurana (Regd No. 303/89), Jalandhar on 15.2.2006
3. The complete set of documents for the Passport application was filed with the Passport Office, Jalandhar through Aero Toursims Private Limited, 6 A, 1st Floor, Dilkusha Market, Jalandhar and signed by the director of the said company Mr. Rakesh Seth on 8.3.2006.
4. The affidavit filed by Sukhdev Singh s/o Roor Singh was attested by Advocate Raghbir Singh Dhillon, District Courts, Jalandhar and Executive Magistrate Jalandhar on 17.2.2006.
5. The Police Verification Report issued by Investigating Officer ASI Jarnail Singh of Police Station Lohian Khas has confirmed the photograph of the applicant and that the applicant has been living at the given address given during the preceding one year. MHC Mohinder Singh of PS Lohain Khas has also verified the contents. The report was sent vide no. 858-PE on 16.5.2006 by SSP Jalandhar to Regional Passport Office for necessary action.
6. The applicant Sukhdev Singh s/o Roor Singh had declared himself to be an illiterate person who could sign in hindi by practice. However documents are on record that he had failed in class XII in Uttranchal as per migration certificate signed by the Principal, Inter College, Bazpur, Shaheed Udham Singh Nagar.
7. The applicant misstated in his application that no criminal cases were pending against him in 2006, i.e. at the time of filing of application for Passport. However, the following cases were registered against him, for which the latest status report has been filed by SSP Jalandhar (Rural):
Sr. No. FIR No. U/sections Police Station convicted
1. 61/95 302, 147, 148, 149, 427 IPC Bajpur Acquitted
2. 61-A/95 395, 397 IPC Bajpur Acquitted
3. 309/96 307, 506, 147, 148, 149 IPC Bajpur Untraceable
4. 473/2000 SC/ST Act 323, 504, 506, 147, 148, 149 IPC Bajpur Acquitted
5. 677/01 307, 504, 506, 427, 147, 148, 149 IPC Bajpur Acquitted
6. 678-A/01 307, 504, 506, 427, 147, 148, 149 IPC Bajpur Acquitted
7. 391/2002 332, 353, 427, 323, 147 IPC Bajpur Acquitted
8. 47/2000 302, 307, 506, 147, 148, 149 IPC Milk Khanam Acquitted
9. 48/03 307, 323, 147, 171-B IPC Bajpur Acquitted
10. 49/03 323, 504 IPC, SC/ST Act Bajpur Untraceable
11. 312-A/03 307, 504, 506, 436, 395, 148, 149 IPC, SC/ST Act Bajpur Untraceable
12. 1312/06 147, 341, 7 CRLA Act Bajpur Untraceable
13. 455/08 307, 506, 147, 148 IPC Bajpur Innocent
8. It is therefore manifest from the findings that Sukhdev Singh s/o Roor Singh adopted illegal means to obtain a fake ration card to obtain the Passport. In addition he did not disclose the factual position about the place of his residence and educational qualification. He also misstated his non involvement in criminal cases in Uttranchal. Accordingly he has committed criminal offence in wrongly obtaining the Passport from the Regional Passport Authority, Jalandhar. Prima facie a criminal case be lodged against him to bring him on production remand for investigation purposes under the Indian Penal Code and the Passport Act.